VALENTINES FLAMENCO IN THE CAVE
Treat your Valentine to Placer County’s most unique and romantic Valentines celebration. Vina Castellano will host their annual “Flamenco in the Cave” February 16th. (Saturday) following Valentines Day, on President’s Day Weekend. Gopal Slavonic and his troupe – Flamenco del Oro will again treat guests to their traditional Flamenco showcasing amazing artists in a unique and authentically Spanish stone cave. The Flamenco show at Vina Castellano will highlight the instrumental, vocal and dance talents of Flamenco del Oro. The evening will also feature an authentic meal representing the Mendez Family’s Castilian heritage. The $145 ($125 wine club) per person ticket price includes the meal, a bottle of wine for each couple and of course the performance.
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW:
- This Valentines Event is limited to 40 people. It is extremely popular so reserve your space now.
- Doors open at 6pm for a glass of Cava and Tapas reception
- Dinner will be served at 7:00pm
- The show will begin at approximately 8:00 pm. The performers will do two sets.
- Dessert will be served during the break.
- Couples will receive a bottle of our newly released 2015 Tempranillo. Additional wine and Cava by the bottle is available for purchase. (Cava by the bottle must be reserved $35)
- This popular event is limited to only 50 Guests. This allows for guests to get the authentic, passionate and intimate experience of the Flamenco.
- RSVP name, phone number, and number in party. Respond to this email or leave message at 530-889-2855. We will call to confirm. Complete Menu will be announced February 5th. Prepayment required. For tickets and to reserve space please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
ABOUT THE PERFORMERS:
Gopal Slavonic trained at the prestigious ‘Fundacion de Arte Flamenco Cristina Heeren’ in Sevilla, Spain where he studied intensively with leading flamenco guitarists. In his 20 years of dedication to flamenco guitar, Gopal has returned to Spain to further his studies several times, most frequently to Jerez de la Frontera. He has performed with some of the most renowned flamenco performers and is the featured guitarist for Northern California’s Flamenco del Oro.
Leta Gibney, and Roger Aiton are local favorites in Nevada County and Flamenco del Oro regulars. Leta, very talented singer will be delighting us with her melodies and deep and passionate voice. Roger, will be providing percussion, essential to the true experience.
Drea Pacot has been dancing Flamenco for 20 years. She studied in Spain with Concha Vargas, Jose Galvan, Belen Amaya, Raphael Campallo and Concha Jareno. She studied years under San Francisco’s Yaelisa. Drea has worked hard as performer and teacher in the Sacramento and Nevada County area. In 2007 Drea received a grant from the Sacramento Metropolitan Arts Commission to showcase her students.