PLEASE JOIN US FOR OUR ANNUAL
DERBY DAY & CROQUET EVENT
A CELEBRATION OF THE KENTUCKY DERBY
SATURDAY, MAY 7st 12-6pm
The Pond @ Viña Castellano
Ticket Sales: Start April 8 – End May 2 https://vinacastellano.com/shop-wines/
- General Admission:$46 Croquet Participant: $55
- General Admission Participants: will enjoy catered lunch, a Complimentary Mint Wine Julep, Live Music, Games and Entry into the “Best Dressed” and “Best Hat” Contest (menu listed below)
- Croquet Tournament participation is NOT mandatory to attend event. Derby Day Croquet Tournament is limited to 8 teams of 4 or 8 players (Tournament details below)
- Event Time: 12-5pm (Music from 1-4) Derby is run at 2:15
- Derby Attire is Required. One of the unique characteristics of the Kentucky Derby is that it is a sports event and party that showcases the finest in spring fashions. Both female and male attendees pull out all of the stops when selecting their Kentucky Derby apparel. There are no hard and fast rules, but the following is suggested wear for LADIES: Spring dresses, pastel-colored suits or bold separates that coordinate with their Derby headwear and accessories. Remember the hat is the traditional focus of women’s attire. We have a contest. Bottle of wine is the prize. SHOES: No Kentucky Derby Outfit is complete without the spring heel or sandal. But remember, like Churchill Downs, the grounds at Vina Castellano can be hard to maneuver, pack up flats…it’s a long day. Especially if you are playing in the croquet tournament. Likewise, the Derby is a splendid excuse for men to get dressed up and decked out, as well! MEN: Sun-drenched tropical colors, bold stripes or busy plaid and bright pastels are perfectly acceptable, as are Bermuda Shorts and Khakis. Although if you want a more polished look, a classic Navy blazer with a bright pastel shirt or a seersucker suit is always in style.Start with the pants – Key Lime to Pale Pink…Vibrant or pastel colors are the best! Don’t be afraid to grab a fun Gingham or striped shirt to turn it up. More is better! Straw and Derby hats are also encouraged. Winemaker and Co-Owner Teena will pick the best dressed man herself and will present him with a bottle of wine.
- Game Tables include: Derby Draw Hat Game, Horse Auction Action, Off to the Race
- Music by Manzanita
- Lunch Menu : Deep Derby Fried Chicken Breast, Strawberry Caprese salad with Sweet basil dressing, Butter Bean and Radish Salad, Toast point with Charred onion-pimento cheese
CROQUET TOURNAMENT DETAILS:
This Inaugural Derby Day Croquet Tournament will kick off our season of Single Elimination Croquet Tournaments. These Tournaments are amateur games designed for fun. We will Feature another Tournament on Mother’s Day and will announce other opportunities for guests to put together teams to put on their croquet “whites” and gather for wine, game and fun. The details for the Derby Day Tournaments are as follows:
- Tournament Teams must consist of 4 players – You name your team
- There is only room for 7 teams (6 games total)
- Your party of 4 you will face off with another party of four.
- First 2 teams will begin play at 12:00 Sharp (Must arrive by 11:45) The winner of each game faces the team of 4 signed up in the following time bracket
- Each game will take between 30-40 minutes to complete (game is called at 40 minutes)
- This is a single elimination tournament aka “Sudden Death”, so once your team loses you are eliminated for the day. Winning team proceeds to next bracket until they are eliminated. Championship Game will be played at 4:30pm.
- We will break for guests to view the Kentucky Derby at 3:15 – Derby is run at 3:57.
- There is a $300 purse for the Champion team and the team name goes on the “Tournament of Roses” Trophy. Winners will also receive a 10% discount on all wine purchases through 2022
- Lunch is included as well as a complimentary Mint Wine Julep
- Guests of your team must purchase General Admission Tickets